Thomas Safran & Associates is hiring an experienced and highly motivated person to support our team and assist with company initiatives. The Office Administrator and Events Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Administration and work closely with the Director of Resident Services and the Presidents and has the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the affordable housing development industry for both new construction and rehab acquisition operations.
The ideal candidate is bright and has excellent interpersonal, office and organizational skills who takes the initiative to "get it done". We seek individuals who are self-motivated, highly capable, socially responsible, and passionate about our mission.
Essential duties of the position are:
- Answering high volume phones and general office support to 40+ team members
- Support the Vice President of Administration with the Owner’s Estate Management duties. This includes (but not limited to) following up with contractors, IT personnel, creating and organizing spreadsheets
- Assist with special resident events, field trips, activities and programs and promoting resident participation in community affairs
- Assist with planning company-wide events such as staff retreats, parties and meetings, new development groundbreakings, new property open houses with the local community and our annual service initiative, "The Big Give"
- Marketing of events and new properties including designing invitations, creating flyers and other marketing materials
- Managing office technology projects, including third party IT management, technology innovations, and ordering computer equipment
- Administrative support such as coordinating meetings, answering phones, preparing marketing materials, and updating databases
- Providing superior customer service when greeting visitors, handling phone calls, and responding to requests by residents, team members and all other individuals needing assistance
This position is based out of Brentwood and requires some travel throughout the Los Angeles area.