The Occupancy Specialist will assist the Compliance Department and ensure compliance with the occupancy of a 200-unit, project-based Section 8 community located in Inglewood, CA. This position will ensure the property is in compliance with all occupancy regulations established by HUD, the Tax Credit Allocation Committee and other regulatory bodies. This position will also travel to other properties throughout the portfolio as necessary. The Occupancy Specialist will:
- Provide resident file, recertification and compliance support to property staff.
- Assist Property Managers with the organization and purging of resident files according to program requirements and company policies.
- Audit property files to ensure that they are properly maintained in accordance with the governing agencies, including HUD, TCAC, HCID-LA, CDC, CalHFA, USDA, Bonds, banks and TSA’s policies and procedures.
- Respond to Property Managers and Regional Property Supervisor questions regarding compliance and the annual recertification process.
- Stay abreast of legal and regulatory updates and provide administrative assistance to Director of Compliance as necessary.
- Occasional travel to other TSA properties as needed to provide compliance support.